•  

Thranduil 2: Luke as the Elf King, again!

20 replies to this topic

#1 Maddarilke

Luke's Panther Painter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:37 AM

I finished another drawing of Luke, again in the dream role of Thranduil, the Elvenking of THE HOBBIT (GdT's next films). This time, I tried to make him look more like the book version--with the leaves crowning his hair, as a warrior, with armour and more forest-like. I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was definitely a lot of work!

EDIT to add: One more thing--I made his crown as a sort of "wink" to the facial scars he has as Prince Nuada. It ended up looking a bit like a mask, but I like the idea that there would be a reference the fans might enjoy!

Here it is--

Luke as Thranduil, take 2!
Posted Image

Hope you like it. :)

#2 Celeste

OCGD Wench

• Administrators
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

View PostMaddarilke, on Sep 18 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

I finished another drawing of Luke, again in the dream role of Thranduil, the Elvenking of THE HOBBIT (GdT's next films). This time, I tried to make him look more like the book version--with the leaves crowning his hair, as a warrior, with armour and more forest-like. I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was definitely a lot of work!

EDIT to add: One more thing--I made his crown as a sort of "wink" to the facial scars he has as Prince Nuada. It ended up looking a bit like a mask, but I like the idea that there would be a reference the fans might enjoy!

Here it is--

Good lord woman, you have done it again!!! :stars: Not only have you rendered Luke well but I think you have captured the perfect embodiment of Thranduil as would be portrayed by Luke; majestic, regal and commanding. The detail is suberb and your talent is unquestionable. Thank you for making this!!!

In some part of the world, I hope GDT sees your art. I am convinced that if he did, he would know how perfect Luke is for the role and cast him. Until then, I wait anxiously and will sift through all the casting rumors pushing Luke for the roll as I lurk related forums and boards. I know some people want Doug jones, and I love the man and believe he is talented, but I believe Luke is so perfect for the role as he would bring presence and majesty to a role that demands it. I could go on and on, so I am gonna just stop now. :)

Posted Image

"Your knowledge of scientific, biological transmorgrification is only outdone by your zest for kung-fu treachery!!!"

#3 Maddarilke

Luke's Panther Painter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

I love Doug Jones, too. And I think he would be great in a role in THE HOBBIT.

Honestly, I'd just be happy seeing both actors in the film. :)

#4 LaughinSquid

Lukewarm

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Oh my! Now this is something that got me out of my normal routine of posting during the weekends. Congratulations on another great work! :stars:
What type of crack were you smoking when you wrote this?-- A Reviewer

#5 Guest_KAM_*

• Guests

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

#6 Firecat

Lukewarm

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Beautifully done! I do love the crown and the armor. Please show us more of your work!!
Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground.

#7 Maddarilke

Luke's Panther Painter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

I am posting it as fast as I can draw it...which ain't too fast. LOL. I wish I could be a full-time artist. There'd be a new pic here every day. :(

#8 Alina

OCGD Wench

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Dany, Posted Image!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! :Fliss: :Fliss: :Fliss:

#9 Maddarilke

Luke's Panther Painter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

Awwwww, thanks, Alina, sweetie!!! XO

#10 Alina

OCGD Wench

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:47 AM

I just said the truth :smileywoohoo: :hug:

#11 lukehawk

Gossified

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

YES IT IS AN OMG PICTURE. SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD AND SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. LUKE WOULD BE SOOO PROUD :stars:

#12 leahb

LUKE'S LOYAL FAN FOR LIFE

• Moderators
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

You have been blessed with a truly awesome talent, keep up the excellent work. He is beautiful!!!!!!
BLESSED with HUMILITY, HUMANITY, HUMOR, KINDNESS, GRACE, TALENT, AND MUCHO STYLE!!!!

Posted Image

#13 thafroninjaqueen

Nuada & Vaako's Squeeze

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

That picture!
The Colors!
The Details!
The Cheekbones!
Love. :wub: :thflirtysmile3:
What a great artist!

And as for Doug Jones...Gotta admit the man is talented and can move for some one almost 50. But I still root for Luke since I've seen this picture.

-Arkima

Posted Image

#14 Maddarilke

Luke's Panther Painter

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your incredibly sweet comments. You really make my day when I need a little boost!!! Or a big one, in this case! :) Thanks again, SO MUCH! xoxox

#15 BethmooraRaven

PROFESSIONAL ELF POLISHER (E.L.F. & L.A.N.C.E.)

• Administrators
  • 10,713 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

Maddarilke!!!

Being new here, I hadn't got to this thread till now. You are truly a gifted artist!!! You left me sitting here with my mouth open in absolute awe!!! :you-rock:

If I could draw like you I would quite possibly be the happiest woman on the planet right now!!!

I love your rendition of Thranduil! You've captured everything I could possibly want in costume and weaponry!!! :stars:

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome work with us!!! xxx
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
You may have mused in the past...'Am I Mortal'?...You are now...
SamWorthingtonForum.com Fansite
hiddenrealmentertainment.com

#16 Yaone

Gossified

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:01 AM

Wow, what a nice draw. Congrats, u are a very talented person !!!!

But if I dont remember bad Thandruil in "The Hobbit" doesnt got a great rol. I think he just appear a bit on the novel. Luke Goss would deserve all the movie for him, hehehe.

#17 Jeri

Luke's Crazy Wench !

• Members
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

View PostMaddarilke, on Sep 18 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Here it is--

Posted Image

I thought this art needed to be seen. Bravo!!!!!

Posted Image

#18 diniedezeeuw

Lukewarm

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

View PostMaddarilke, on Sep 18 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Here it is--

Posted Image

Wauw, it's fantastic!!!

#19 Safiya

Gossified

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:11 AM

View PostMaddarilke, on Sep 18 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

Here it is--

Posted Image

Yes, we like, we like.
GDT, please take note: this should at least be part of your storybook for The Hobbit.

"We die and the world will be poorer for it"

#20 zenbitch

Nuada Groupie & Luke's Naughty E.L.F. Wrangler

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

Maddarilke, you really need to show this to GDT!!
Like I said over on the LJ side, this is amazing! Your rendering of Luke as King Thranduil is a thing of beauty. I love how you'd done the armor as well. I am constantly amazed at the talent this forum holds!
As declared by BethmooraRaven, "We are here to wage war, to reclaim OUR fantasy, OUR bit of heaven! And we will call upon all like-minded fans, the GOOD, the BAD, and the downright WICKEDLY NAUGHTY!!!"
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users